For Your Protection
Infection control has always been a top priority in our office. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, infection control guidelines have been enhanced. Our office is following the new infection control guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We are implementing the following infection control procedures for your health and safety:
- Posted notices of safety regarding COVID-19 on the front door and reception area
- Facemasks required for patients (while not being treated) and staff while in the office
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the office
- Frequent cleansing of commonly used surfaces and items such as doorknobs, countertops, pens, clipboards, watercooler, reception area chairs, and bathrooms
- Reducing the number in of patients in the reception area to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Taking the temperature of all patients and staff upon entering the office with a no-touch digital thermometer
- Pre-screening questionnaire completed when scheduling an appointment and when arriving at the appointment
- Pre-rinsing with mouthwash prior to dental treatment
- Staff using surgical face masks and face shields
- Use of high volume intraoral suction tips to reduce aerosolization by up to 90%
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Drs. Mark & Maryvette Backhus and Team